It has been a fun couple of days with my two friends, Carma and Stephanie, visiting from Utah. We have been the closest of friends since Jr. High. We took the kids for a walk at Lake Johnson, my favorite place in the Raleigh area. Wendy, who has been providing my dog Sadie with a vacation home since I went into the hospital, agreed to bring her along. Lake Johnson is a beautiful lake with a 3 mile paved trail and some REALLY BIG hills. I thought we might only be able to walk the flat part, but then we decided to give Sadie a chance to show just how tough she really is. Sure enough, with her help (and a lot of pushing from the humans) we made it around all three miles and up all of the hills!
Like the luscious lips?
Go Sadie! Pull!
Back at home we dressed in PJs and made our favorite oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie dough to eat while watching a movie and having a sleepover. Just a little reliving of our younger days. (I promise, that one bite of dough is all I had. But I don’t think sugar affects you when it is eaten with good friends.)
Cookie Dough!!
Now we are at the hospital getting treatment #3. They will have to fly home to their own families in a few hours but for now I have Stephanie to entertain me by dancing to the music coming from my neighbor chemo patient’s TV. (Last time I had a private little room, this time we have a private little curtain.)
Tonight I look forward to my Uncle Ivo making it into town. This is going to be the month of Utah visitors. I will update you later on how the treatment goes this round.




No comments:
Post a Comment