Thursday, February 12, 2015

On the air

I have made it to infusion #9. I managed to keep my anxiety under control so I was not sick yesterday and I am doing okay right now while I am hooked up to my first chemo drug. I did not meet with my doctor today and really have nothing new to report but there is one interesting thing that happened today.

The UNC program Carolina Week is doing a story about chemotherapy and used me for their video footage. They will not use my name and did not take any shots that included my face, but they shot footage of my nurse getting the drug hooked up to me. It is going to air on Carolina Week next Wednesday on public television and should be on the internet by Thursday. I don't know what the story is called or anything but you can just look for a story about chemotherapy and that should be it. I believe the internet address is  http://carolinaweek.org/

I will try to find the story next week and post a link to the story, but for those of you who are local and have PBS, you can watch when it airs on Wednesday if you want. I am wearing a greenish brown sweater, so if you see an arm in a sweater that color you can know that is me. :-) They also focused in on the pump that administers the drug and it will say Irinotecan, since that is the drug I am currently getting. My chemo drug tubing will be famous!

I just received a visit from a clown. She brought me a long stemmed, red nose.


2 comments:

  1. You are so funny Michelle! Glad you weren't too anxious! Thanks for all the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, Michelle! Good to hear your chemo is going well! We'll keep on praying!
    Love Ya!
    Tom

    ReplyDelete