Wow! I can't believe we have made it to #15. I feel like an old pro at this chemo thing. I am also well known at UNC by now. I am building quite a reputation for myself. At the infusion area, the nurses see me coming and run for the drugs. They know I am the one that starts puking even BEFORE the chemo drugs begin. But the good news is, tomorrow may be the last time I have to take the nasty chemo drug that makes me so sick. There is a chance that I will have to take it one more time after tomorrow, but I will do my best to convince my doctor that isn't so.
Right now the plan is that I will get my next CT scan on June 4. If that looks good, then my doctor will take me off of irinotecan, the nasty drug that makes me so sick, and I will be down to ONE chemo drug! (Listen carefully and you will hear me cheering.) If my scan doesn't look good, if the cancer looks like it is no longer under control then that means the chemo drugs have stopped working, in which case, my doctor will take me off of chemotherapy and we will hope I can get into the clinical trials I mentioned way back at the beginning of this saga. So, either way, I will be done with getting sick every two weeks. Hopefully.
After tomorrow, my chemotherapy is moving to Mondays. With school out, I no longer have to be feeling well during the week to teach my children so I have moved my chemo so that I will have EVERY weekend to feel good and have fun with friends and family.
I also have some good news for all of our friends and family in Utah. We are coming for a visit!!! I know, it has only been about 10 years since the whole family was there. I really want to see everyone that I can so I figure I will try to pull together a party. We only have one week in SLC so I don't have much time. A party seems like the best way to get a chance to spend time with everyone. I don't have any details yet but if you want to know the details when I get them, please email me or FB message me or say something in the comments below, however you want to communicate with me, just let me know if you want to get together for a visit. We will be there from Aug. 1 - Aug. 7.
I know I haven't been updating this blog regularly. I was actually a bit surprised to see it has been since my eleventh infusion. I knew it had been a while but I didn't think it had been that long! I just had no new news to share and I didn't want to take up your time reading a blog that doesn't actually tell you anything. Chances are I won't post again in the near future unless there is big news. If I go have my scan and they discover the cancer has completely left my body and I am even more of a walking miracle than I already am, then I will certainly let you know. If I find out the chemo is no longer working and things are taking a turn for the worse, I will also let you know. If you don't hear anything, just know that all is well and things are moving along as normal. (My new normal that is.)
Thank you for all of the love and support you have given me and my family. We really appreciate all of the prayers on our behalf. I know there are people out there who are still thinking about us and praying for us and that is just amazing to me since it has been so long that you have kept this up. Thank you!!
I am so glad to get your update. I have been thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I have enjoyed the pictures you posted too.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping to hear about Miracles! :) Safe travels when you go to Utah! I love seeing you out and about. I'm so happy you will have nicer weekends soon! Enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the time to update... even if things aren't all that different. My mom and sister ask how you're doing... they LOVE your cards!
ReplyDeleteHi Michelle:
ReplyDeleteI'll be in Utah around that same time frame. Let me know if you're available on the 3rd for a possible connection.
Teresa