Sunday, November 2, 2014

At 8:30 pm last night the little beeper went off on my pump signaling the end of round 2. And yet, it was only the beginning...of the removal process. Yes, I had had those little needles that are stuck in my chest removed before. I was nervous then, too. But that was when I was in the hospital...with a nurse. All went well then and I was very relieved that it didn't hurt. But this time I was at home...with Kevin...who is NOT a nurse. How would this turn out? Can I trust him to pull needles out of my chest? I knew I was feeling quite a bit of anxiety about this moment but I didn't realize just how much until it was all over and suddenly I felt very dizzy and my ears were buzzing and I realized I was about to pass out. I lay down and it went away, I never actually passed out. The fact is, Kevin did a great job. Once again, there was no pain and he did everything just splendidly. And yet, I am still not looking forward to doing it again in round 3.

Round 2 went well. Once again, no real bad side affects. I felt a little out of sorts last night, but nothing major. However, this morning I noticed quite a bit of extra hair in my bath tub. And then when I combed my hair, definite loss. So those of you who have promised to keep me beautiful when bald, it may be time for you to get cracking on those scarves and hats and such.

Today I went to church. It was my first big public outing. It was also the first time I have been to church in MONTHS. Even before going to the hospital I was coughing so much I couldn't go. Since I was going to such a public place I had to wear a mask. Here is a picture of me sporting my little mask with a smiley face. Then I thought I would include one without the mask, just because I think I look better without it. How vain is that?

  Yes, there is a smiley face on that mask. I wouldn't want people thinking I was frowning under there.


It was nice to get out and see people and actually be there at church. I am grateful that things have gone as well as they have. I have gotten much stronger since I have been home. I was able to walk into church and had no problems. I will still need my wheelchair for longer journeys, which I still would like to take, but the fact I was able to walk as far as I did makes me very happy. I know it is because of all the prayers you have offered in my behalf that I have been so greatly blessed. Thank you. When I went to the hospital to begin round 2 and said that I hadn't experienced any side affects from the first round, everyone was amazed. Apparently many people do. And now having done so well with round 2, I know I have been blessed. God does hear and answer your prayers and I know you have been praying for me so I just want you to know that it has been working. I know I am not going to just breeze through all of this. There are going to be tough days ahead, I have no doubt, but I will take each good day I am given and be thankful.

9 comments:

  1. You are beautiful Michelle. Glad things are still continuing to go well. So awesome that you got to go back to your Church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to be able to visit with you and Kevin yesterday. And delighted that you were able to go to church today ... and on foot. What a trooper you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! We are praying so hard for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing u at church.....I was in the way back and saw u and my heart smiled.......for real... <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! This is very good news. I love the smiley face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your faith and steadiness going forward amazes me. You have always been strong. From the moment Kevin announced the doctor's findings, the first thought as I looked at your, was yup - there's an angel right there. She's ready for heaven. Just wanted you to know that I love you and am praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new do, however short-lived. Sending love and strength- to Kevin too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michelle, you are anything but vain and your own smile is beautiful. You should show it off. Your hair may fall out but your teeth won't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one positive, Alison. I will try to remember that.

      Delete