There is not a whole lot to report. Yesterday was my first infusion without getting the Oxaliplatin. That cut 2 hours off the infusion time which was super nice. And because I had been getting so sick the past few times they drugged me up really well with anti nausea drugs before we got started and that seemed to work pretty well. I was a bit loopy in the head and probably couldn't have passed a sobriety test, but I had Kevin there to help me to the car. :-) I am a bit nauseous and can't seem to keep any drugs down, but there is nothing else in my tummy so I can't do too much damage. I will probably just go today without eating much and see what tomorrow brings. All in all I would say this round is better than the last couple.
I didn't get to see my doctor so I don't know anything more about the body scan I had last time. Next time I go I will see the nurse and she can probably read us the radiologist's report.
Some really bad news came on Wednesday when we got a letter saying we did not receive the hospital Charity Care, which we were really hoping for as that would relieve us of the pressure of paying for all of these bills. There is still some hope, however. Kevin called the number they gave us to appeal and when the woman looked at our case she was shocked that we were denied and said she would have to speak with someone else to get more information. Maybe with a second review they will realize we are worthy candidates and grant us the Charity Care. We have also not heard from Medicaid yet so there is still some hope there as well. And finally, Kevin found out about a program at the hospital if we are denied the Charity Care again that we can apply for. It is a one time forgiveness of 80% of your bills. Given how generous all of you, our wonderful friends have been, we could probably work out a deal for paying 20%. I am still hopeful that one way or another this can still work out.
But, in the meantime, I am still going strong. I am walking or riding my bike most days. Now that it is warming up I am hoping to get out more and build enough strength to go on a backpacking trip this summer. And of course the Tobacco Trail is calling my name and I have to try and do my 30 mile doughnut run. While it is a bummer I only have half the weekends to have fun, I am filling up those weekends with many adventures and living life to the fullest. Most of the time I feel great and who can ask for more? Thank you for your continued support. It really does make all of the difference. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.
Thank you Michelle for the update. So sorry about the nausea.....I hate nause feelings.............prayers are with you........... <3
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your doing better, and that your bubbly personality come through on your posts. If you ever need someone to punch a bag with or just yell out loud let me be your person. I love you dearly.
ReplyDeleteI understand on a molecular level the pain your going through. (Pacemaker. 3year) don't reccomend.
Big hug and kisses, Sheri
It's great to hear you doing so well; just too bad you're feeling so loopy during the chemo. At least you're quality of life seems to be improving! Love you, Michelle! Always know you do inspire me! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for keeping us up to date on everything! So glad you're enjoying the out of doors!!!
ReplyDeleteAlways good to hear an update on what is happening. Good to hear you are getting out on your bike :) Hopefully you will get over this nausea soon and be out and about again! Big hugs Cuz. Love you
ReplyDelete